If you are a victim of sex trafficking and/or severe forms of trafficking in persons and are seeking to block information related to your trafficking experience that might appear on your background screening report, please contact ACS Data Search at either of the two addresses below:
To help process your request to block adverse items of information that resulted from trafficking, please include your Trafficking Documentation which is a determination that a consumer is a victim of trafficking made by either:
- A Federal, State, or Tribal governmental entity,
- A court of competent jurisdiction, which includes certain documents filed in court,
- A non-governmental organization or human trafficking task force, including victim service providers affiliated with these entities, authorized by a Federal, State, or Tribal government entity, or
- A self-attestation by a consumer who identifies as a victim of trafficking that is signed or certified by a Federal, State, or Tribal government entity, court of competent jurisdiction, or an authorized representative of these entities.
Please include details on what specific information you are seeking to block. You will also be asked to verify your identity.
For more information regarding the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Regulation V Human Trafficking Final Rule, please visit:
- https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/im-a-victim-of-trafficking-how-can-i-block-items-from-my-credit-report-that-are-the-result-of-trafficking-en-2127/ which lays out the requirements and provides a sample letter victims can use to send their request for blocking.
- The federal Fair Credit Reporting Act: Fair Credit Reporting Act | Federal Trade Commission (ftc.gov).